My work as an actual composer

Posted by by Ed Nolbed on 11 Apr at 09:15 AM

It’s funny. What’s funny? Well, life’s funny. The way life goes and all that. As you know, I’m a musician. I’ve been making music since I was twelve. I’m 29 now. I’ve always, more or less, hoped I could continue with music and maybe even live from it. And what do you know, since the beginning of this year I have been able to create a regular income by composing soundtracks for dance pieces and for video works, next to to doing occasional concerts…

It’s fun. My job’s fun. Even though I try not to see it too much as a job, I have to look at it that way sometimes. I attend rehearsals of dance companies, I discuss my music with the choreographer, I get to know the life in big theatres (with big organisation and big egoes)… I get artistically challenged because writing music for dance, video (or just projects in general) is different from ‘just doing my thing’. Off course, I get to do my thing, but I have to respect the wishes of the choreographer as well, which is fine for me, by the way. I have to make sure that the dancers get into the music and respond to it in a way that suits them fine while performing… It’s interesting.

It’s cool. I go places because of these assignments I get. At this moment it’s mainly Den Haag (NL) I have to go to. I’ll put some pics of my trips later on.

Anyway, just wanted to share this. It doesn’t always have to be heavy and philosophically questioning, right?

6 comments

# wisata lombok Jun 8, 2018 at 05.09 am

Yes, you are right man. Sharing is caring, isn’t it?

# Amber Angela Sep 10, 2018 at 02.30 am

To be successful you must to be active to confident, be simple don’t let self-jealousy overtake your headspace assignment expert be positive and take challenges. I don’t believe you can be prosperous without being a good man.

# Ray Nov 15, 2018 at 05.58 am

In today’s world of Internet, where we have to remember lots of usernames and passwords for the different accounts 192.168.l.254 IP that we have, it’s quite natural to forget passwords.

# TD Bank Routing Number Nov 19, 2018 at 04.56 am

Customers can transfer their funds to another account within the same bank or some other bank with the help of the routing number.

# Suresh Nov 24, 2018 at 03.11 am

SUch a unique way of finding some content related to your personal interest field. I am talking about Vivo V11 which is Indian awesome brand and have millions of fans around the world.

# Bigo Live App Dec 13, 2018 at 06.26 pm

Watch the live broadcast from Bigo Live on computer Bigo Live Apk for Android and Bigo Live is a cross-platform application which works on all recent technology